Sunday, January 26, 2014

Enjoying the moment

Last night I got the chance to watch my two girls "play".  My oldest who is almost 15, was laying beside her little 3 month sister on the floor, just enjoying making her laugh.  She has just started laughing and we love hearing her laugh, it is such a sweet and pure laugh that we often try to find ways to make her giggle.

These times are short, yes there will be a few years of them being together but knowing that my oldest is already 15 and looking at her future plans the years of having them playing together will be short indeed.  Even though it will be years the moments and years seem to go by so quickly and so often are looked back upon and we wonder "where did the time go".  To me it seems like yesterday it was my oldest who was sleeping beside me and who I Was trying to make laugh, now here she is 15 and making her baby sister giggle.

It is moments like these I wish I could freeze in time, yet all we can do is sit and enjoy them, yes the dishes can wait an hour or so it won't really matter.  So the floor can go a bit longer before it is swept, and the clothes will be dry a few minutes later, these precious moments do not last and are so very precious.  Enjoy every moment you have with your little ones, they do grow and they will not always be this little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment