Thursday, January 7, 2016



Family of 5....


On Nov 5th we became a family of 5! Our 3rd girl was welcomed in the world at a very early morning hour. Before the birth and even shortly after I wondered "how am I going to do this?" Though I still have days like that I am loving every (almost) minute of it. There are days that are hard, with a 2 month old who hates sleeping, and a 2 year old going through tantrums and teething those big back teeth, it is not always easy, forget easy, it is just down right hard sometimes. Then we have the house work that needs to be done ( but is lacking so very often) and the school work since we homeschool, meals to be cooked, shopping to be done, and activities and appointments to be gone to. This is just the daily and weekly things of this crazy yet so wonderful thing we call life. Everyday I rely on his wisdom and strength to be the mom he has called me to be. I am living a life I would have never planned out for myself, a stay home mom of 3 (hopefully more). Married to my wonderful husband who if I planned my life may not have married, Homeschooling which I may have never chosen. I am so happy God knows what is best for us and will lead us to it if we let him. I am reminded of one of my favorite verses,

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
 I am so very glad that he does so and has our best in mind and does not just leave us like orphans, but will guide us.

 Motherhood is so often looked down on and is missed as a true ministry.  You are impacting the next generation in such a real and mighty way.  You want to see the world changed, raise up children who love the Lord with all their hearts and who will change it.  God calls us to be moms and to train our children, his children and our wonderful blessings that we are entrusted with.  What a calling!  never think less of moms.  Dads are in this as well, to be leaders of the family to raise up their kids and give them a father figure that they can use to relate to their heavenly father.  In a generation where family seems to be lost and dis-valued, I want to be the odd one out where family is valued and seen as a great ministry to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment