Saturday, July 14, 2018

Abigail's Birth story

I know some people love to hear birth stories, so i have chosen once again to share one,  Abigails.

Abigail was due on the 17th of August.  With her though we knew it would not be our Dr that would deliver her.  We found out part way through the pregnancy that she was no longer doing deliveries and would be retiring in September.  This left me very nervous for the delivery, due to past problems. 

On the night of August 9th I started having contraction at about 4 minutes.  Off to the hospital we go.  Once they they start to monitor me.  Contractions were steady 3-5 minutes for 2 hours. Then BAM stopped.  I was allowed to go back home.  However the Dr. said as we left, " See you around 4am."  Fast forward to 4 am.  I was getting contractions again. These however I have come to know as the "oh yeah these are the real ones."  Off we go again.

Once there we find out I am truly in labour and this is it.  The labour was very smooth
Most contraction I could easily breathe through until I hit 8-9cm. My husband would put conter pressure on my lower back , which also made the contractions way more bearable. After about 3ish hours I was fully dilated, but Abigail was face up, and there was still a small "lip". So I was not able to push just yet.  We tried many things to turn her, finally I remember saying " just cut her out."  However was informed they won't do that unless they have to.  So they suggested and epidural So she may turn.  I agreed and the call was made.  One more check was made before the epidural was given.  Guess who decided to turn!  She was now in great position and I could push. 10 minutes later, at 8:33am, as the morning sun was beaming throughout delivery room window, we got to greet our newest member, Abigail.
She was by far my easiest delivery.  Now almost a year old and such a wonderful joy.  I am blessed with 4 wonderful girls and a loving husband.  

No comments:

Post a Comment